Motorcycle Suspension Set-up FAQ Go Star Racing
Setting the sag lets you change where in the range your suspension ‘sits’ with you on board, and it gives the suspension an initial point to work in either direction. Too big a sag figure (it drops too much when you get on) and your suspension could bottom out under braking and cornering.... So rather than simply try and tell you what your suspension does and how it does it, we devised a series of tests to help describe what badly set-up suspension feels like. Each test was done without the riders - Niall and myself - knowing what had been adjusted, and the comments printed with each adjustment are simply a description of what the bike felt like compared to the standard suspension
MO Wrenching How To Set Suspension Sag motorcycle.com
just found your suspension set up page and its brill With the front having Telelever and a shock, do I set the loaded sag at 30 to 40mm as well. I have done the rear and adjusted it to 35mm. Also is it the same sag 30-40mm front and rear when I have my wife on the back. I know I will need to adjust the preload to achieve this, but want to know if it is the same measurement. Hope asking the... Transcript "Motorcycles 101: How to Set Motorcycle Suspension Sag. My name is Kenyon Kluge. I'm from Santa Cruz, California. I'm a team owner and rider for K Squared Racing.
How to Set Motorcycle Suspension Sag J&P Cycles Blog
Because your sag will vary based on your riding conditions and the weight on your bike, it’s important to check your sag and reset it as needed. In this video, J&P Cycles merchant Patrick Garvin walks you through how to check and set your motorcycle suspension sag. how to tell if an apple email is a scam 31/10/2018 · I'm from a dirt bike background where the first step in suspension set up is dialing in the SAG for the shock I have been through the AT manual and I do not see SAG recommendations
Shock Sag Adjustment Progressive Suspension
Motorcycle Suspension set up Learn the motorcycle suspension set up terminology and understand what each word and term means in our suspension set up glossary. Every rider can find their own ideal suspension set up. The ideal set up for you depends on several factors, the track or road you use, the condition of the track and the weather, your lenght and weight, your riding style and yor riding how to clean velvet sofa set How To Set Up Suspension Sag. 01/05/2015 Alex Boyce. One of the fundamentals that needs to be set-up on almost all bikes that have some form of suspension is suspension sag. Sag is the amount that suspension compresses when the rider is sat on the bike statically. This setting then decides how the bike feels when ridden on a trail. If the sag is set high then the bike will feel soft and soggy
How long can it take?
Motorbike / Motorcycle Suspension Setup UK Motorbike Forum
- Motorcycle Suspension Tuning Setup Visordown
- Motorcycle Suspension How They Work Install and Set Up
- OFFROAD SUSPENSION SETUP GUIDE Teknik Motorsport
- The Baseline Settings on a Dirt Bike are A Great Starting
How To Set Up Motorcycle Suspension Sag
Sag – it may only be a three letter word, but it plays a huge role in how your full suspension bike rides. When you sit on your bike, your rear shock will sink a certain amount into it’s travel – this is referred to as sag.
- This is how our resident suspension guru Seb sets up his test bikes. It should get your suspension performing well before you even leave the car park. This video explains how to set your sag, test
- 30/11/2011 · I typed this up for a buddy of mine, so he could set his race sag and check his free sag to see if he needs a stiffer rear spring. There are no pictures but i typed it up as best as possible so that if you follow this step by step it will be very straight forward and simple.
- The first thing to set on both your front and rear suspension is your sag. Sag is the amount the shock compresses from your weight on the bike. A bit of sag helps the suspension work well over smaller bumps—the point of suspension is to keep your wheels on the ground, and bumpy terrain comes in the form of both positive bumps (like a root) and negative bumps (like a small hole). If you don
- If there is not much unladen sag left (less than 15mm) after setting the rider sag, this means that you have the preload cranked down so tight on the spring that it is holding the bike up too high in the rear, and the motorcycle needs a stiffer spring in order to get the rider sag and unladen sag balanced.